Thursday 31 March 2011

Evacuation pics



Queueing at the pier

The queues
The Navy ship (4km out at sea)
The slow process, 20 people at a time onto a long tailed boat to a bigger boat then onto the aircraft carrier

3 days on from the floods and this is how the next town looked this morning, still very deep water.
Frans and I are going our seperate ways tomorrow as he still needs to do his dive course and then onto Malaysia.
We have checked into a nice hotel room for our last night together.
I feel really sad as he has become a best friend and I will miss him loads.
To spend 24/7 with someone for over 3 months is an amazing thing to do and I am not sure if it will ever happen again.
I will get a bus to Bangkok and maybe meet up with some girls that we met earlier this week.
They were going over to Ko Samet near Bangkok (where Iwas at the start of this long trip 4 months ago) so I could meet them there maybe.
The roads and floods were bad further South so Frans not sure of his route yet.
Off for a last cocktail together (or two!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment