Friday 1 April 2011

Farewell Frans

Dear blog,
You have been there from the start, been the holder of all my stories good and bad, happy and now sad.

Frans left this morning on the 10.15 Catamaran.
We had our last night together in a lovely room right by the sea (we could hear it through the open window)
We had dinner and drinks together in a small restaurant by the pier over looking the fishing boats.
I went with him to the pier this morning and despite crying last night and promising myself  wouldn't today,
I did!
He gave me a crystal to hang around my neck as a parting gift.
With a massive hug a kiss and a smile he was gone.
I stood on the jetty and watched the boat as it went into the distance taking the loveliest man I have ever met away from me.
I cried loads, he has been my best friend for all this time and I will really miss him.
I smiled through my tears that  was lucky enough to have met him, but knowing that I could never have kept him.
He is a free spirit and his onward travels will go on for many a month, maybe years to come.
I must be happy that I spent so many happy days and nights with him.
We went to 4 countries together, shared 32 beds, and countless fun times, and I know that is more than many others have.
I will miss his radiant smile, he went to sleep with one and woke up with one, he never had bad moods or sulked.
He was never fazed by long uncomfortable journeys, always cracking a joke or shrugging it off as part of a travellers day.
He looked out for me and always fought my corner, he never judged me and simply liked me for who I am.
He was always up for a cuddle very open with his affections.
He shared my dislike of green peppers and raw onions and my love of champagne, carrots and sunshine.
If I went into one of my rants over something he would simply smile and kiss me.
He took everything in his stride, never complaining of being too hot or too cold, hungry or thirsty, tired or annoyed.
He has a boundless zest for life, an interest in almost everything that comes his way, I wonder if he was for real sometimes?
And, to top it all, he didn't snore and wasn't in the least bit interested in football - result!

And so, today is both a sad day that I said goodbye to this lovely man and also a day to be happy that I had the good fortune to have met him.
He has taught me a lot, I have grown in confidence and I now know it is possible to meet someone who enjoys me for who I am, I have promised myself that I won't be disrespected by a man ever again, even if that means being alone.
Hey gorgeous, travel safe wherever you may be  xxxx

Tonight I will share a room with a couple of girls and we will all get the boat in the morning (fingers crossed)and then the bus too Bangkok.
Not sure of my onward plans yet, one day at a time.

Thanks for being there dear blog, it helps to be able to share my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. How many of you have read that & not been wiping your eyes! Beautifully worded.xxx Tild

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big hugs! So glad you met someone amazing to share some of your travels with, and now your journey continues... xx

    ReplyDelete