Tuesday 8 March 2011

Last days in Luang Prabang

Well, it's 6 days now and my tummy is still in need of Imodium and anti biotics, although it seems to be on the mend now thankfully.
I have had no appetite for all that time, which will surprise those who know me, even the thought of crisps and wine didn't appeal! I must have been ill...
So, it's been mainly watery soup with a few noodles floating around and lots of water.
Yesterday we walked around the town and visited the Royal Palace and had a stroll along some of the residential roads, it is all so lovely, I took some good pics of local life.
We visited a charity founded by an American guy who has got story books published in Laos for the local children to read, I took a photo of some of the information, unbelievable!


The river front at the bottom of the road where we stay
 

This was rice crackers drying in the sunshine, love that they are next to a pile of bricks

Monks Washing ,line
Budda chilling under a Bougainvillea
Front garden


Shop selling hand made products

This is a banana flower, the tree is in the road we stay in, how pretty.

Around 4pm yesterday we went to one of the chill out places by the river (with the relaxing mattresses) for a drink.
They had some board games for use and we played a game of Scrabble, 5 games and a few beers ( for Frans, water for me ) later it was 11pm, and we were being asked to leave, how funny. The score was 2 all and we didn't get to finish the 5th game.
We also had some munchies, I managed to get myself 2 plates of raw sliced carrot, hurrah!
Today we went for a long walk over to the other side of the Mekong river.
It is less touristy and we saw local life.
A few of the women were weaving silk scarves on their looms, it is so intricate.
We are moving on tomorrow to Vang Veng, a place that is 6 hours away over some high winding roads.

It promises to be  stunning scenery along the way if a little nauseating due to the condition of the roads, I have my travel pills and Imodium at the ready!

See you when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment