Sunday 3 April 2011

Update

We awoke yesterday morning to the sounds of the supply boat being unloaded.

There were swarms of local shopkeepers and restaurant owners filling their trucks with fresh fruit and veg, crates of beer, water and many other products..
It would have taken all day as the boat was massive.
We left at 9am, it took 12 hours to get from Ko Tao island back to Bangkok.
It was nice to be back on the mainland.

The reason I decided to come north was because there are floods and more rain forecast on the southern islands and my original plan was to go to a few islands before coming back.

There are so many stories from people being stuck in floods for days, helping to fill sandbags and generally being stranded on islands.
Roads are impassable and so many places are still clearing up from all the damage.
I looked on google images of the flooding and its awful, so I really don't fancy going there now.

It seems every one has come north to Bkk as it took us an hour to find a place to stay last night.
In the internet rooms all backpackers are looking to see where the best weather is, loads of people having to change their plans.
I am still with the 2 girls, we are about to go to a massive market and Niki arrive here later today, I will stay in a room with her tonight.
Not sure of my plans yet for this week, might stay fairly local.
I have booked my flight back to UK on this Sunday 10th so I will be wanting to fill the rest of April diary with catch ups, let me know your free dates.
I will be needing the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment