Tuesday 5 April 2011

Last 5 days

Due to the unforeseen weather, my plans to stay down the south of Thailand visiting a few of the islands had to be shelved.
As with thousands of others, my only thoughts were to get back onto mainland and go north.
Hence there are lots of people here re planning their trips.
I am on my last week and really don't want to stay in Bangkok for the duration.
I have pondered for a couple of days as to where to go.
I don't really want to go to another beach resort as the ones near here are expensive and if the sun doesn't shine it will be a bit boring.
So, I have decided to get a bus to Kanchanaburi tomorrow and stay there for the last few days.
I went there with Frans a couple of months ago and its a nice chilled out place with cheap places to stay.
There is a national park nearby to visit for a day and I can hire a bicycle.
It has been ok staying here as Niki and I have spent a couple of days mooching about.
Yesterday we walked through a lovely park and then to see the reclining Buddha.
It is getting so hot and humid now you find yourself heading for anywhere with air con.
Niki leaves at 6pm tonight for the UK so I have checked into a basic twin room for 410 bht (about 9pds) which is a lot for one person, and it only has a fan, no a/c
The rooms are priced per room and not per person so its half the price when there are 2 of you, and much nicer. Come back Frans!
I spoke to him on Skype a couple of days ago and he said it took him 16 hours to travel by bus to Phuket due tothe terrible flooding, it should have only taken 7hrs.
He really is an intrepid traveller, he lets nothing get in the way of his plans.
See you in the next town

No comments:

Post a Comment